Pizza Time Doesn’t Sing About Pizza
Denver Westword recently published an article about the 100 (ish) best bands in Denver. They asked Pizza Time, a band who just happens to be playing this Saturday (June 25) at Barons, what's one thing you wish a prospective new fan knew about your band or project? "We don't sing about pizza," Pizza Time's David Castillo said. Beyond that answer, here are the top five things you should know about Pizza Time:
- Pizza Time is signed to Burger Records label, "a rock n roll philanthropic quasi-religious borderline-cultish propaganda spreading group of suburban perma-teen mutants!!!"
- Pizza Time's album "Quiero Mas" is entirely in Spanish and available as a free download through the band's Bandcamp site.
- Pizza Time is a lo-fi punk group with skate and surf influences.
- Pizza Time is actually one person, David Castillo, but they sometimes play as a band.
- Pizza Time's logo is a cartoon greasy slice of pizza who sometimes cannibalizes other slices of pizza.
Catch Pizza Time Saturday at Barons with support from local bands Wavebaby and Dreamboat. It is an all-ages show.