13 kids hospitalized after visiting hotel pool

DENVER — Thirteen children were briefly hospitalized Monday after complaining of burning eyes and itchy throats after swimming in a hotel pool.

The boys and girls were aged 6 to 17. All swallowed water from a pool Sunday at a Homewood Suites near Denver International Airport.

KUSA-TV reports that the kids were released an hour later and that all are fine. They were back at the hotel Monday. The kids belong to a Young Marines group visiting from Delaware.

The pool was closed Monday. The Denver health department says chlorine levels in the pool were a little ow, but they’re not sure if that’s what made the kids sick.

Other people in the pool were not affected.

The general manager of the hotel says they’ve never had any issues like this.


COMMENTS

Commenting is not available in this channel entry.


TOP JOBS
  • Lease Operator

    Vanguard Natural Gas, LLC Silt, CODuties Include:Responsible ...

  • Mechanic

    Repairs and maintainsconstruction equipment andal equipment ...

  • Communications Specialist

    Grand Valley Power, an equal opportunity employer, is seeking a quali...

  • Teacher

    HOLY FAMILY CATHOLIC SCHOOL is seeking applicants for potential future teachin

  • Field Tech/delivery Driver

    Field Tech/Delivery Driverin Grand Junction, CO.Qualified app...

  • Press Room

    Help Wanted: Part Time Position in Print ShopComputer skills helpful....

Search More Jobs





THE DAILY SENTINEL
734 S. Seventh St.
Grand Junction, CO 81501
970-242-5050; M-F 8:00 - 5:00
Editions
Subscribe to print edition
E-edition
Advertisers
Advertiser Tearsheet
Information

© 2017 Grand Junction Media, Inc.
By using this site you agree to the Visitor Agreement and the Privacy Policy