3 drugged after eating purported pot-free candy

DENVER — Three people say they were drugged after eating a chocolate bar that wasn’t supposed to have marijuana in it at the Denver County Fair’s new pot pavilion.

Fair spokeswoman Dana Cain says at least two of the people went to the hospital and tested positive for THC.

Richard Jones of Arvada told KMGH-TV (http://bit.ly/1slHU8a) that he became sweaty and nauseous after eating the Full Melt chocolate bar and thought he might be having a stroke or a heart attack. He says hospital tests showed he had 100 nanograms of THC in his system, about 20 times the legal driving limit.

Vendor LivWell says it’s investigating. If marijuana really was in the bars, the company says it was put there without its knowledge.


COMMENTS

Commenting is not available in this channel entry.


TOP JOBS
Search More Jobs





THE DAILY SENTINEL
734 S. Seventh St.
Grand Junction, CO 81501
970-242-5050
Editions
Subscribe to print edition
E-edition
Advertisers
Advertiser Tearsheet
Information

© 2015 Grand Junction Media, Inc.
By using this site you agree to the Visitor Agreement and the Privacy Policy