Apparent chimney fire guts Grand Junction home Friday

There were no injuries in a fire that happened Friday night at 201 Vencino Drive in Grand Junction, officials said.

The Grand Junction Fire Department responded to the fire believed to have begun in a chimney, and firefighters attacked the fire from the interior, pulling ceiling down to access the fire in the attic. A partial roof collapse and high winds accelerated the fire spread, hampering firefighting actions, fire officials said.

Damage was estimated at $80,000, and the cause is still under investigation.


COMMENTS

Commenting is not available in this channel entry.


TOP JOBS
Search More Jobs





THE DAILY SENTINEL
734 S. Seventh St.
Grand Junction, CO 81501
970-242-5050
Editions
Subscribe to print edition
E-edition
Advertisers
Advertiser Tearsheet
Information

© 2015 Grand Junction Media, Inc.
By using this site you agree to the Visitor Agreement and the Privacy Policy