Cedaredge running back Gates dies
Star Cedaredge High School football running back Reid Gates died Monday after an apparent exposure to carbon monoxide over the weekend.
Gates, a senior, was flown to Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children on Sunday along with fellow Cedaredge High School students and teammates Aaron Henrie and Tyler Cooper.
As of late Monday, Henrie was listed in critical condition, and Cooper in good condition. The two were undergoing treatment in the hospital’s hyperbaric oxygen chamber, according to a statement released by the family.
“This tragic accident has left everyone devastated and all of the families are asking for their privacy,” the families said in that statement.
See tomorrow’s Daily Sentinel for more details.