Fire at commercial laundry business causes minimal damage

A fire at a Grand Junction commercial laundry business early this morning caused less than $5,000 damage, according to the Grand Junction Fire Department.

Fire crews responded to ALSCO, 702 S. Ninth St., a commercial laundry and linen service, about 1:10 a.m. and found an active fire inside a large bin containing clean rags and mop head, Battalion Chief John Williams said.

A fire sprinkler immediately adjacent to the burning bin activated, helping to keep the fire from spreading to other bins and pallets. Crews extinguished the fire with a hose line. ALSCO personnel also responded to the scene and activated the building’s heating and cooling system to remove smoke from the interior.

Williams credited the fire alarm and sprinkler systems for alerting the Fire Department and keeping the fire in check, limiting the damage.


COMMENTS

Commenting is not available in this channel entry.


TOP JOBS
  • Delivery Route

    BUSINESS OPPORTUNITYWould you like to deliver newspapersas an Ind...

  • Driver/warehouseman

    Combo Job.NO CDL but must have clean MVR and pass DOT physical. Deliver pum...

  • Maintenance

    Private Lodge in Western Colorado. Required work experience and knowl...

  • Physical Therapy Aide

    Physical Therapy Specialty Center, a division ofPrimary Care Partners,is...

  • Controller

    for Grand Junction Housing Authority. Key position responsible for high...

  • Maintenance A Mechanic

    (Ref no: 772261)Farmington, New MexicoSummary:Maintenance...

Search More Jobs





THE DAILY SENTINEL
734 S. Seventh St.
Grand Junction, CO 81501
970-242-5050
Editions
Subscribe to print edition
E-edition
Advertisers
Sign in to your account
Information

© 2015 Grand Junction Media, Inc.
By using this site you agree to the Visitor Agreement and the Privacy Policy