Fire displaces Redlands family

A family was forced out of its Redlands home by a fire this morning that caused about $20,000 damage, according to the Grand Junction Fire Department.

Firefighters responded to 116 Glade Park Road just before 4 a.m. and found smoke coming from the attic area. Crews were able to access the fire by removing the ceiling in a bedroom and working through the exterior attic vents. They quickly contained the blaze, according to Battalion Chief Doug Walsh.

One resident of the home awoke to smoke in the room and alerted others. Everyone evacuated uninjured, but firefighters say the family was lucky because no smoke detector notified them of the fire.

The cause of the fire wasn’t immediately released.



COMMENTS

Commenting is not available in this channel entry.




Search More Jobs






THE DAILY SENTINEL
734 S. Seventh St.
Grand Junction, CO 81501
970-242-5050
Editions
Subscribe to print edition
E-edition
Advertisers
Sign in to your account
Information

© 2014 Grand Junction Media, Inc.
By using this site you agree to the Visitor Agreement and the Privacy Policy