Fire guts trailer on Rosevale Road this morning

A trailer behind a residence at 371 Rosevale Road in Grand Junction went up in flames this morning, prompting the Grand Junction Fire Department to respond with multiple units and 20 firefighters.

Firefighters were called to the scene just after 6 a.m., and no one was injured in the blaze. Nearby homes were never in danger of catching fire, officials said. It took firefighters about 30 minutes to extinguish the trailer on fire, which was a total loss valued at about $7,500.

The cause of the fire was determined to be a blanket catching fire from a nearby space heater, officials said.


Commenting is not available in this channel entry.

  • Veteran Specialist

    Human ServicesPositions to assess eligibility, conduct intakes, coord...

  • Row Specialist/planner

    San Miguel Power Association is seeking to hire a qualified person to fill a...

  • Interior Support Tech

    Full Time w/Benefits. Looking for an energetic/hardworkingindivid...

  • Client Care Representative

    Fast paced animal hospital in Grand Junction looking fora full-timeCl...

  • Building Supervisor

    The Battlement Mesa Metropolitan District is seeking an experienced individual f...

  • Director

    The Battlement Mesa Metropolitan District (BMMD) is seeking an experienced indiv...

Search More Jobs

734 S. Seventh St.
Grand Junction, CO 81501
970-242-5050; M-F 8:00 - 5:00
Subscribe to print edition
Advertiser Tearsheet

© 2015 Grand Junction Media, Inc.
By using this site you agree to the Visitor Agreement and the Privacy Policy