Fire guts trailer on Rosevale Road this morning
A trailer behind a residence at 371 Rosevale Road in Grand Junction went up in flames this morning, prompting the Grand Junction Fire Department to respond with multiple units and 20 firefighters.
Firefighters were called to the scene just after 6 a.m., and no one was injured in the blaze. Nearby homes were never in danger of catching fire, officials said. It took firefighters about 30 minutes to extinguish the trailer on fire, which was a total loss valued at about $7,500.
The cause of the fire was determined to be a blanket catching fire from a nearby space heater, officials said.