Fire at hotel building site out quickly

Firefighters mop up an early-morning fire at the Marriott hotel under construction downtown.



A discarded cigarette started a fire that caused about $20,000 in damage at a hotel construction site downtown, the Grand Junction Fire Department said.

Firefighters were called just before 7 a.m. and found trash burning in a narrow alleyway between the east side of Consign Design, 234 Main St., and the Marriott hotel being built at 236 Main St.

Fire Capt. Eric Cox said various items of wood and insulation associated with the building project were burned and that the exterior of the hotel was damaged.

The Fire Department sent seven units to the scene and said the fire was under control within 15 minutes.


COMMENTS

Commenting is not available in this channel entry.


TOP JOBS
Search More Jobs





THE DAILY SENTINEL
734 S. Seventh St.
Grand Junction, CO 81501
970-242-5050; M-F 8:00 - 5:00
Editions
Subscribe to print edition
E-edition
Advertisers
Advertiser Tearsheet
Information

© 2015 Grand Junction Media, Inc.
By using this site you agree to the Visitor Agreement and the Privacy Policy