Garage fire Wednesday night sends three to hospital
Grand Junction firefighters battled a blaze in a garage at 614 Hamlet St. late Wednesday night that required three people to be transported to the hospital, two with serious burns, fire officials said.
The fire was believed to have started by a gas leak from a motorcycle that ignited by a hot water heater around 10 p.m.
Firefighters were able to knock down the garage fire, avoiding significant damage to the home, and the four occupants of the home did escape outside. Aside from the two people with serious burns, a third person was transported to the hospital due to emotional distress.