Girl, 2, dies in eastern Utah trailer fire
BALLARD, Utah — A 2-year-old girl is dead after a fire broke out in her family’s eastern Utah trailer.
Roosevelt Fire Chief Lee Rockwood told the Deseret News (http://bit.ly/Y54yEK ) Makella Lee Hardman was found on a bunk bed after the fire that was reported a little before 11 a.m. Tuesday in Ballard.
The girl’s grandfather, Tony Hardman, says he and his son tried to rescue the child. Her father says he broke out windows trying to reach her.
Investigators from the Utah State Fire Marshal’s Office say the blaze started with a short in an extension cord that was being used to power a space heater.