Heated clothes may have caused house fire

A late-night fire Sunday caused approximately $5,000 damage at a vacant downtown home, the Grand Junction Fire Department said Monday.

Firefighters were called out at 10:46 p.m. to a residence at 301 S. Fourth St. after a passerby reported seeing smoke coming from the structure. Grand Junction police officers on the scene reported finding fire on the south side of the building and tried unsuccessfully to put it out with extinguishers, according to a news release.

Traffic was diverted away from South Fourth Street, from Colorado to Pitkin avenues, for roughly an hour as firefighters battled the blaze.

Damage was limited to an attached porch, the affidavit said. No injuries were reported.

The fire remains under investigation.


COMMENTS

Commenting is not available in this channel entry.


TOP JOBS
  • Rn, Lpn Or Ma

    4-5 days/week in Medical Specialty office w/benefits.Experience r...

  • Manager

    CSU's Southwestern CO Research Center, Yellow Jacket, CO, seeks a to coo...

  • Kiosk Sales

    WE ARE EXPANDING OUR TERRITORY…Our team is growing, and we a...

  • Dietary Aide/wait Staff

    La Villa Grand Care Center is hiring for Must be at least 18 years of...

  • Dental Hygienist

    Our office is seeking anexperienced , who is hard working, flexib...

  • Registered Nurses

    Find Your Life'sWork at HopeWestImmediate Openings for...

Search More Jobs





THE DAILY SENTINEL
734 S. Seventh St.
Grand Junction, CO 81501
970-242-5050; M-F 8:00 - 5:00
Editions
Subscribe to print edition
E-edition
Advertisers
Advertiser Tearsheet
Information

© 2016 Grand Junction Media, Inc.
By using this site you agree to the Visitor Agreement and the Privacy Policy