‘Minor’ chlorine leak reported at Clifton Water

What was described as a “minor release” of chlorine this morning at Clifton Water has sent one person to Community Hospital, according to utility officials.

The employee was said to have been wearing a full respirator at the time, but the release did cause some injury to the woman that required medical attention.

Because of the chlorine release, other utility employees were directed to a safe area within the facility. A hazmat team and emergency responders are on scene, but an official with Clifton Water said they were called so that the the teams could use the opportunity for additional training.

Read the full story in the Saturday edition of The Daily Sentinel.



COMMENTS

Commenting is not available in this channel entry.




Search More Jobs






THE DAILY SENTINEL
734 S. Seventh St.
Grand Junction, CO 81501
970-242-5050
Editions
Subscribe to print edition
E-edition
Advertisers
Sign in to your account
Information

© 2014 Grand Junction Media, Inc.
By using this site you agree to the Visitor Agreement and the Privacy Policy