Police: Wednesday explosion, fire caused by hash oil extraction accident
Grand Junction police said today that an explosion at a duplex in the 1700 block of Roubideau Street Wednesday night is believed to have been caused by marijuana butane hash oil extraction.
If accurate. this would be the second explosion locally this month caused by the highly flammable process of making hash oil. An explosion at the Monument Inn on March 9 caused a similar explosion and injuries.
The person believed to have created the explosion Wednesday was later found at St. Mary’s Hospital where he was being treated. An arson investigation is ongoing, police say, and no arrests have been made.
Read the full story in the Friday edition of the Daily Sentinel.