Settlement reached in 2008 deaths near Aspen

DENVER — The families of a Denver couple who were killed along with their two young children by carbon monoxide in a home near Aspen have settled a civil lawsuit.

Denver attorney William Hansen said Thursday that the last of the settlements involving the deaths of Caroline and Parker Lufgren and their children, 10-year-old Owen and 8-year-old Sophie, were reached earlier this month. Relatives filed a lawsuit in Denver District Court against the owner, builder, as well as companies that worked on the house and the manufacturer of a poorly vented boiler that sent the deadly gas into the home over Thanksgiving weekend 2008.

The Lufgrens had won a stay at the house in a church raffle.

Criminal charges against county and city building officials were dropped.



COMMENTS

Commenting is not available in this channel entry.




Search More Jobs






THE DAILY SENTINEL
734 S. Seventh St.
Grand Junction, CO 81501
970-242-5050
Editions
Subscribe to print edition
E-edition
Advertisers
Sign in to your account
Information

© 2014 Grand Junction Media, Inc.
By using this site you agree to the Visitor Agreement and the Privacy Policy