Warning issued for marijuana mold exposure
DENVER — Colorado researchers are warning that exposure to mold found in marijuana could be deadly.
A team working with National Jewish Health researcher Dr. John Martyny said Monday that a review of 30 marijuana-growing operations in Denver, Littleton and Larimer County and found mold levels at times 100 times higher than considered safe.
Martyny says the mold grows because of constant watering and lack of ventilation.
According to the Denver Post, the study was funded by police and sheriff’s deputies concerned about exposure to dangerous conditions during raids on illegal pot-growing operations.