Briefs: OA Craft Roundup November 21, 2008
The Art Center, others hosting arts and crafts shows around area
The arts and crafts extravaganza is in full force this weekend and here are samplings of what is in store:
• Arts and Crafts Fair will have unique jewelry, fine art, candles, ceramics, clothing, food and more. The 37th annual event is at The Art Center, 1803 N. Seventh St. A Member’s Preview is from 6–8:30 p.m. Friday, Nov. 21. Public hours are 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 22, and 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 23. Info: 243-7337, http://www.gjartcenter.org.
• San Juan Weavers Guild’s annual show and sale will have hand woven items, demonstrations. The event is from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 22, at the Montrose Holiday Inn Express, 1391 S. Townsend Ave., Montrose. Info: 244-2981.
• Craft Fair will feature up to 130 vendors. The 26th annual fair is sponsored by the Parachute/Battlement Mesa Park and Recreation District. It goes from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 22, at Grand Valley High School in Parachute.
• Holiday Gift Show will feature a variety of distinctive, original art. The fifth annual show is presented by members of the Art Project. The show is from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 22, and from noon to 4 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 23, at The Gallery B&B, 547 30 Road. Info: 243-2501, http://www.thegallerybb.com.
• Alternative Christmas Fair will have more than 40 nonprofits participating, local and international gift options. The 18th annual fair goes from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 23, in the Parish Hall, St. Joseph’s Catholic Church, 230 N. Third St. Info: 243-0136.