Briefs: OA Music Scene September 05, 2008
War veteran/singer to play Whiskey River
Here is look at other music events in the area:
• Moab Music Festival, Music in Concert with the Landscape in Moab, Utah, A Night at the Opera, Star Hall, 7 p.m. Friday, Sept. 5; Celebration of American Chamber Music, Tent at Onion Creek, 6 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 6; House Benefit Concert, private home in Castle Valley, 5 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 7; Ranch Benefit Concert, 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 9; Piano and Violin Talk, Star Hall, 7 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 10; Colorado River Benefit Concert, noon Thursday, Sept. 11; Crypto-Judaica, Pavilion at Sorrel River Ranch, 6 p.m. Friday, Sept. 12; Festival Finale, Pavilion at Sorrel River Ranch, 6 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 13, individual tickets and packages available, 435-259-7003, http://www.moabmusicfest.org.
• Brother Griffin, Cavett House, 359 Colorado Ave., 9 p.m. Friday, Sept. 5, 255-1667.
• The Gougers from Nashville, Tenn., Smuggler’s Brew Pub, 1571 Ogden Road, Montrose, 8 p.m. Friday, Sept. 5, $13, 249-0919, http://www.blueskymusicpresents.com.
• Rock Jam, Country Jam Ranch, off I-70 at Exit 11, Mack, Friday, Sept. 5: gates open 2 p.m., Battle of the Bands winner, Dokken, Big Head Todd and the Monsters. Saturday, Sept. 6: gates open noon, Rare Earth, Survivor, Starship starring Mickey Thomas, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, Kid Rock, advance tickets $59 two-day general admission; $49 one-day general admission; at the gate $80 two-day general admission, $60 one-day general admission, 800-530-3020, rockjamgjco.countryjam.com.
• The SwampCoolers, brew-glass music, Palisade Brewery, 200 Peach Ave., Palisade, 7 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 6, 464-7257.
• Free ole’ fashioned street dance with Rhythm of the Dons, opening act is Three Brothers, a classic an original rock ’n’ roll band, at the park pavilion, Confluence Park — city of Delta, 530 Gunnison River Drive, Delta, 7 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 6, 874-1718.
• Tommy Castro Band, Turn of the Century, 117 N. Fourth St., Montrose, 8 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 10, $18, 201-1419, http://www.blueskymusicpresents.com.
• Terri Marie, Cavett House, 359 Colorado Ave., 7 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 11, 255-1667.
• 15th annual Telluride Blues and Brews Festival in Telluride, Thursday, Sept. 11: Back Door Slam; Friday, Sept. 12: John Hiatt, Joan Osborne, Susan Tedeschi, Canned Heat, Back Door Slam, Mama’s Cookin’; Saturday, Sept. 13: Gov’t Mule, G. Love and Special Sauce, John Butler Trio, Dwayne Dopsie and Zydeco Hellraisers, Big Sam’s Funky Nation, Trampled Under Foot, John Butler Trio, Moreland and Arbuckle; Sunday, Sept. 14: Etta James and the Roots Band, The Derek Trucks Band, The Dirty Dozen Brass Band, Blind Boys of Alabama, Chris Thomas King Band, The Reverend Peyton’s Big Damn Band, $155 three-day pass, single day/event passes $20-60; single festival camping $40 per person, 866-515-6166, http://www.tellurideblues.com.