Briefs: OA St. Patrick’s Day March 13, 2009
Numerous music performances lead up to St. Patrick’s Day
It’s a day (or two) of puttin’ on the green and attempting to speak with a Gaelic accent, or in this case, listening to some tunes and celebrating the Irish in all of us.
Check out these musical choices leading up to St. Patrick’s Day:
• Sinfonia, Western Slope Chamber Music Series, Avalon Theatre, 645 Main St., 7:30 p.m. Friday, March 13; Paradise Theatre, 215 Grand Ave., Paonia, 7:30 p.m. Saturday, March 14; Montrose Pavilion, 1800 Pavilion Drive, Montrose, 3 p.m. Sunday, March 15; $15 advance, $18 at the door for adults, $5 students, tickets at Roper Music in Grand Junction, Paonia Farm and Home, Hardin’s Natural Foods in Hotchkiss and Finishing Touch in Delta, 241-0741.
• St. Patty’s Celebration and patio kickoff, with Shades of Gonzo, Donny Morales, Dualakoo and That Guy, Smuggler’s Brew Pub, 2412 U.S. Highway 6&50, 4–10 p.m. Saturday, March 14, 263-0919.
• St. Patrick’s Day Bash with Riveter and Wrong Impressions, Quincy Bar, 609 Main St., 9:30 p.m. Saturday, March 14, ages 21 plus, wear green, 242-9633.
• Willson and McKee, Nuevo Celtic duo, Wright Opera House, 472 Main St., Ouray, 7 p.m. Saturday, March 14, $15 adults, students free, 626-2970, http://www.ocpag.org.
• St. Patrick’s Day Party with Rob Jones and Last Bus, Smuggler’s Brew Pub, 1571 Ogden Road, Montrose, 4 p.m. Saturday, March 14, 249-0919.
• Shades of Gonzo, St. Paddy’s Day, psychedelic blues rock, Mesa Theater and Club, 538 Main St., 9 p.m. Tuesday, March 17, ages 21 plus, 241-1717, http://www.mesatheater.com.
• JoJo Hermann, keyboardist for Widespread Panic, solo show for St. Patrick’s Day, Sheridan Opera House in Telluride, Tuesday, March 17, 728-6363, http://www.sheridanoperahouse.com.