Music Scene: Mesa Lakes Music on the Mountain series
Ah, the mountains in September — cool days, calm lakes, brilliant colored leaves and music.
The Mesa Lakes Music on the Mountain Concert Series continues with free weekend music by a variety of musicians at Mesa Lakes Lodge and Resort, 3619 Colorado Highway 65, on Grand Mesa.
Here is the series schedule for the weekends through Oct. 2. Shows are from 2–4 p.m. and 6–8 p.m. A buffet dinner is available from 6–7 p.m. on Saturdays.
Simmer Down, Saturday and Sunday, Sept. 4–5
Flat Top Reed, Saturday, Sept. 11.
McHugh, Sunday, Sept. 12.
Dewy, Saturday, Sept. 18.
Drop Top Lincoln, Sunday, Sept. 19.
Bobby Walker, Saturday, Sept. 25.
TBA, Sunday, Sept. 26.
Kat Hunter, Lisa Lingo and guests, Saturday, Oct. 2.
For more information or dinner reservations call 268-5467, or go to http://www.mesa lakeslodgeandresort.com.
Here are some big shows and events coming to Colorado and Utah in the near future.
MercyMe — Utah State Fair Park, Salt Lake City, Sept. 17.
EOTO — Mishawaka Amphitheatre, Bellvue, Sept. 17.
Gary Allen, more — First Bank Center, Broomfield, Sept. 17.
JJ Grey & Mofro — Ogden Theatre, Denver, Sept. 17.
Maura O’Connell — Community Concert Hall at Fort Lewis, Durango, Sept. 18.
Smashing Pumpkins, Flobots more — Comfort Dental Amphitheatre, Englewood, Sept. 18.
Stephen Kellogg & The Sixers — Bluebird Theater, Denver, Sept. 18.
Rodney Carrington — Paramount Theatre, Denver, Sept. 18.
George Thorogood and the Destroyers— The Fillmore Auditorium, Denver, Sept. 18.
Alberta Cross & Dead Confederate — Fox Theatre, Boulder, Sept. 19.
Zac Brown Band with Robert Randolph & the Family Band — Red Rocks Amphitheatre, Morrison, Sept. 19.
Justin Moore — Community Concert Hall at Fort Lewis, Durango, Sept. 21.
Rusko — Bluebird Theater, Denver, Sept. 21.
Shemekia Copeland — Community Concert Hall at Fort Lewis, Durango, Sept. 22.
Patty Larkin — Srings Mountain Pavilion, Steamboat Springs, Sept. 22.
Other music events in the area:
• Roundabout, rocking country western music swimming pool party, DoubleTree Hotel, 743 Horizon Drive, Friday, Sept. 3, 7–10 p.m., ages 21 plus, 241-8888.
• Rob “Chicken Fatt” Mitchell, Rockslide Brew Pub patio, 401 Main St., Friday, Sept. 3, 10 p.m. to 2 a.m., ages 21 plus, 245-2111.
• Moab Music Festival in Moab, Utah, opening concert, Star Hall, Friday, Sept. 3, 7 p.m.; open rehearsal conversation, Star Hall, Saturday, Sept. 4, 11 a.m.; Paquito D’Rivera at Red Cliffs Lodge, Sept. 4, 6 p.m.; Rocky Mountain Power Family Picnic Concert, Old City Park, Monday, Sept. 6, 2 p.m.; Ranch Concert, private ranch, Wednesday, Sept. 8, 5:30 p.m.; Grotto Concert, Thursday, Sept. 9, noon, http://www.moabmusicfest.org, 435-259-7003.
• BBQ Blues Festival, Mission Bell Amphitheatre, Gateway Canyons Resort, Gateway, Saturday, Sept. 4, gates open 9 a.m.: Bobby Walker, 11 a.m. to noon; Big Daddy Lee, 12:30–1:30 p.m.; Once Removed Blues Band, 2–3 p.m.; Steve Crenshaw, 3:30–4:30 p.m.; Kirk James Band, 5–6 p.m.; Hazel Miller Band, 6:30–8 p.m.; The Williams Brothers Band, 8:30–9:45 p.m. and 10:15–10:30 p.m.; and fireworks, 10:15 p.m. $20 advance, $25 at the gate, tickets at City Market stores, benefits Wounded Warrior Project, 931-2655, http://www.gatewaycanyons.com.
• Gotta Be Girls, Camp Robber, 1515 Ogden Road, Montrose, Saturday, Sept. 4, 6 p.m., 240-1590.
• Jimmy LaFave, Roper Music Ballroom 136 N. Fifth St., Saturday, Sept. 4, doors open 6:30 p.m., show 7:30 p.m., $25, 243-3974.
• Mark Berenson, Enzo’s Italian Eatery and Pizzeria, 759 Horizon Drive., Saturday, Sept. 4, 8–10 p.m., 255-8500.
• Huey, Dewey and Louie, The Palisade Livery, 215 Main St., Palisade, Saturday, Sept. 4, 9 p.m., 464-5449.
• A Little Noon Music with Jennifer Slates and Judy VanderWande, flutes, and Philip Wyse, harpsichord and piano, First United Methodist Church, 522 White Ave., Wednesday, Sept. 8, 12:15 p.m., free, 242-4850.
• Sam Rotman, concert pianist, Chapel of the Cross Summer Concerts, Pioneer Town, Cedaredge, Thursday, Sept. 9, 7 p.m., 210-0471.
• Colorado Pork ‘n’ Hops Challenge music, Lincoln Park, Thursday, Sept. 9, gates open 6 p.m., music by Delta Phase Power, 6:30 p.m., Jonathan Taylor and the Northern Lights, 8 p.m., free admission, http://www.porknhops.com.