OA: Kid Rock among variety to be offered at Rock Jam
His name is Kidddd ... Kid Rock and he’s going to “ba wit da ba di dang di dang diggy diggy” at Pinnacle Homes Rock Jam just a few minutes from Grand Junction in Mack on Saturday, Sept. 6.
The music festival for glam rock, hard rock, classic rock or just about any kind of rock fan gets started Friday, Sept. 5, at 3:30 p.m.
Tickets to the festival are not sold out. They can be purchased at select Stop ’n Save and City Market locations and at the Glenwood Springs Mall or online at http://www.rockjam.com.
One-day general admission tickets cost $49 in advance or $60 at the gate. Two-day general admission tickets cost $59 in advance or $80 at the gate. Information on reserved seating tickets, VIP tickets and Skybox seats is also available on the Rock Jam Web site. The campgrounds are already open and range in price from $65 to $160 a campsite.
Mr. Devil Without A Cause isn’t the only rock star at Rock Jam. The headliner Friday night is Poison, an ’80s band that has recently made a comeback because of frontman Bret Michaels’ raunchy VH1 reality TV show “Rock of Love.”
There will be a shuttles to Rock Jam from various locations around the Grand Valley. A schedule with times and locations can be found at Rock Jam’s Web site.
Rock Jam organizers have these “survival tips” to offer those attending the festival:
• A photo ID must be presented to get an over-21 armband.
• Prepare for any weather, rain or shine. Bring sunscreen, a hat and a poncho.
• General admission ticket holders can bring in their own chairs.
• No food or beverages may be brought in the festival grounds. An empty water container can be filled up inside the gates.
• No pets are allowed.
• Leave your video cameras at home.