OA: Pollux Column February 13, 2009
2009 Spring trends
1. Colors — Look for a tropical influence such as citrus lemon, popping pistachio and juicy papaya.
2. Chunky necklaces — Make a statement this spring.
3. Boyfriend jeans — Grab a pair of oversized jeans, cuff them and this trend can work for most anyone.
4. Lace — Tops and dresses make the everyday a little more romantic.
5. Sunglasses — They’re still big, but more round in shape.
6. Prints — Everything from dainty florals to retro polka-dots.
7. Sash belts — Fabric belts add softness and color to tunics and dresses.
8. Black — It is taking a backseat to nude. Mix this neutral palette with prints for a fresh look.
9. Fringe — The 1920s flapper style is back. This feminine detail adorns the most sought-after skirts and dresses.
10. Oversized bags — Opt for printed totes instead of solid colors.
Ivy Parnasius owns Pollux Clothing Co., 321 Main St. Call her at 242-8050 or check out the Pollux Web site, http://www.polluxshop.com.