OutFit: 10 trends
Spring styles are here! With lots of bright colors, patterns and loads of accessories it’s easy to make a must-have list. Here are my top 10 picks.
1. Black & white — It’s easy to wear, and, best of all, it never goes out of style.
2. Statement sunglasses — A little outrageous, but these add a runway feel to every day basics.
3. Stripes — These can look nautical or bold and graphic, but they always look clean and chic.
4. Cropped tops — Wear these with a high-waisted skirt or shorts for a Hollywood glam look.
5. Tailored shorts — Dressy shorts are in, so pair them with a blazer for the office or your favorite tunic and heels for after hours.
6. Sorbet shades — Mint green, sherbet orange and lemon yellow make spring styles even more enticing.
7. Amazing lace — Whether it is a dress or just a cuff bracelet, lace adds a feminine flair to any ensemble.
8. Flouncy skirts — Miniskirts take a backseat to above-the-knee length skirts with plenty of volume for twirls.
9. Layered necklaces — Pick a color and combine three necklaces of different lengths to make one bold statement.
10. Crossbody bag — A smaller bag with a long strap for easy carrying is both fashionable and functional.
Ivy Parnasius owns Pollux Clothing Co. stores in Grand Junction, 321 Main St., and in Montrose, 433 Main St. Call her at 242-8050 (252-1770 in Montrose) or go to http://www.polluxshop.com.