OutFit: Back-to-school style
Make your first day back to school a memorable one. Here are some tips to help you put your best fashion foot forward.
1. Colorful jeans — There are so many options, but the brighter the better.
2. Statement bag — It’s the item you always have with you, so make it a standout.
3. Miniskirts — Boots and miniskirts go together like peanut butter and jelly.
4. Misfit chic accessories — Bangle bracelets, oversized brooches and cool hats are items that really bring a look together.
5. Blazer jacket — Worn with jeans or a dress, a blazer completes an outfit.
6. Lace top — It adds texture and vintage flare, and, best of all, it’s easy to mix and match.
7. Rugged boots — Menswear inspired boots help balance out feminine styles.
8. Chunky knits — Whether it’s an extra long cardigan or a cropped vest, layering is key to achieving the mismatched, bohemian look.
9. Neon nails — Bright polish adds pop to an ensemble.
10. Confidence — Of your outfit is a reflection of you, not just the trends, your beauty and unique style will always shine through.
Ivy Parnasius owns Pollux Clothing Co. stores in Grand Junction, 321 Main St., and in Montrose, 433 Main St. Call her at 242-8050 (252-1770 in Montrose) or go to http://www.polluxshop.com.