Painter, collage artist to present week of lectures, events at Mesa State College
An internationally respected painter and collage artist will be at Mesa State College for a week of lectures and learning events.
Jonathan Talbot, who is set to have an exhibit at the American University Museum in Washington, D.C., this spring and currently is showing work at The Philoctetes Center for Mulitidisciplinary Study of Imagination in New York, will speak on subjects ranging from mixed-media application to computers and art to marketing.
Talbot’s talks are open to the public and free. No reservations are necessary for all but one of the events, but seating is limited.
All lectures will be given in the Fine Arts Building on the northeast corner of Houston and Bunting avenues. Room numbers are noted:
Monday, April 19
• 10–10:50 a.m. — Arts-Center Art Education, room 302
• 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. — Technical Aspects of Collage, room 302
Tuesday, April 20
• 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Considering Mixed-Media Applications I, room 202
• 3:30–4:45 p.m. — The Business of Art — Framing, Packaging and Presentation, room 214
• 5–6 p.m. — Women & Art: Responding to the Glass Ceiling Presentation, room 214
Wednesday, April 21
• 10–10:50 a.m. — Alternate Approaches to Art Education, room 302
• 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. — Math, Computers & Art, room 302
• 7–8:30 p.m. — Collage: Medium & Metaphor Presentation, room 214
Thursday, April 22
• 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. — Considering Mixed-Media Applications II, room 202
• 3:30–4:45 p.m. — Marketing: Where, When, How, Internet, room 214
• 7–8:30 p.m. — Community Panel on Mixed-Media Collage, room 214
Friday, April 23
• 10–10:50 a.m. — Art History and How It Relates to Applied Arts, room 302
Saturday and Sunday, April 24–25
• 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Collage Techniques and Creative Exploration Workshop, room 302, register at http://www.talbot1.com