Settlement reached in 2008 deaths near Aspen

DENVER — The families of a Denver couple who were killed along with their two young children by carbon monoxide in a home near Aspen have settled a civil lawsuit.

Denver attorney William Hansen said Thursday that the last of the settlements involving the deaths of Caroline and Parker Lufgren and their children, 10-year-old Owen and 8-year-old Sophie, were reached earlier this month. Relatives filed a lawsuit in Denver District Court against the owner, builder, as well as companies that worked on the house and the manufacturer of a poorly vented boiler that sent the deadly gas into the home over Thanksgiving weekend 2008.

The Lufgrens had won a stay at the house in a church raffle.

Criminal charges against county and city building officials were dropped.



COMMENTS

Commenting is not available in this channel entry.



  • Government

    EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES Criminal Justice Services

  • Cdl Drivers

    MARSH TRUCKING LLCCLD DRIVERS - 1 YEAR GAS & OIL FIE...

  • Laborer For Manufacturing

    LaborerManufacturing facility who manufactures rifle chassis is looki...

  • Cdl Career Fair

    DO YOU HAVE A CDL?DO YOU NEED A CDL?Come Visit ...

  • Maintenance

    SpringHill Suites by Marriottis seeking to fill aFull Time...

  • Regional Director

    Rocky Mountain SER (RMSER) is a grassroots community based non-profit organiz...


Search More Jobs






THE DAILY SENTINEL
734 S. Seventh St.
Grand Junction, CO 81501
970-242-5050
Editions
Subscribe to print edition
E-edition
Advertisers
Sign in to your account
Information

© 2014 Grand Junction Media, Inc.
By using this site you agree to the Visitor Agreement and the Privacy Policy