Briefs: Book Notes November 30, 2008
Reading series finale
Join three professors and writers for the final evening of the Poets & Writers of Mesa State College reading series.
This event will features Ann Leadbetter, composition and literature professor since 1994; Jerry Moorman, a business professor since 1990; and William Wright, writing and literature professor.
Readings begin at 7 p.m. Thursday at The Planet Earth & 4 Directions Gallery, 534 Colorado Ave. Get there early because the place gets packed, according to organizer John Nizalowski.
Meet Colorado authors
Fourteen authors will be signing their books at the Colorado Author Celebration from 2 to 4 p.m. Saturday at Barnes & Noble Booksellers, 2451 Patterson Road.
The authors and books are:
• Marilyn Barnewall, “When the Swan’s Neck Breaks.”
• John Carroll, “The Adventures of Robbie the Raindrop.”
• Janet Go, “Don’t Miss the Boat: Cruising through the Leisure Years.”
• Rebecca Hale, “How to Wash a Cat.”
• Patti Hill, “The Queen of Sleepy Eye.”
• Evelyn Horn, “Still Following the Feathered and the Flowered.”
• Alan Kania, “John Otto: Trials and Trails.”
• Dr. L. Luis Lopez, “Each Month I Sing.”
• Priscilla Mangnall, “Capture My Colorado.”
• Cammi Montieth, “Get Real.”
• Jerry Moorman, “A Body Less Than Perfect.”
• John Riger, “First Impressions.”
• Anna and Ellie Sherise, “Magna Sententia.”
Mark the calendar.
Tickets go on sale Friday for the 12th annual Winter Words 2009 series hosted by the Aspen Writers’ Foundation.
This Winter Words series will run from January through April and feature Augusten Burroughs, Jeffrey Eugenides, Andrew Sean Greer, Sara Gruen, Jane Hirshfield and Scott Turow.
For more information about Winter Words, go to http://www.aspenwriters.org/winter.html.
Tickets are available through Aspen Show Tickets, http://www.aspenshowtickets.com/tickets/ or call 970-920-5770.