Briefs: Local News September 17, 2008
Ritter appoints GJ woman to panel
• Gov. Bill Ritter has appointed Becky Hobart, executive director of child placement agency Ariel Clinical Services, to the Child Welfare Action Group. Hobart, a Grand Junction resident, will be one of 25 people on the panel.
Winn will perform today at library
• Local musician John Winn will perform at 6 p.m. today at the main branch of the Mesa County Library, 530 Grand Ave. Admission is free but seating is limited. For information, call 683-2437.
Community Food Bank open weekdays
• The Community Food Bank of Mesa County provides free food for those in need from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday through Friday at 486 Morning Glory Lane. For information, call 640-0336.
Organization will do survey of seniors
• The Mesa County GOLD Senior Leadership Commission is asking seniors to participate in a phone survey Sept. 22 through Oct. 27. The commission wants to know how seniors receive their information, how they get around and where they go. For information, visit http://www.mesacounty.us.
Senior Daybreak celebrates anniversary
• Grand Valley Senior Daybreak will celebrate its 15-year anniversary from 2 to 4 p.m. Monday at Crossroads United Methodist Church, 599 Road 30. There will be cake and punch. For information, call 241-7798.
City calendar photo deadline Oct. 10
• The city of Grand Junction is accepting photo submissions for the 2009 City of Grand Junction Calendar and Annual Report. Color pictures that capture the spirit of Grand Junction should include name, address, phone number and e-mail address and can be submitted to Sam Rainguet, communications and community relations coordinator, City of Grand Junction, 250 N. First St., Grand Junction 81501. Only five pictures per person can be submitted. Deadline is Oct. 10. For information, call 244-1507 or visit http://www.gjcity.org.
Food bank walk set for Oct. 5
• The CROP Walk will take place at 1 p.m. Oct. 5, beginning at Sacred Heart Church in Fruita. The walk raises money for local food banks. For information, call 243-0136.