Briefs: Local Religion October 04, 2008
Eckert church to have annual country store, bake sale
• The Eckert Presbyterian Church, 10925 Colorado Highway 65, will have its annual country store and craft sale Oct. 17-18. A soup lunch will be served at 11 a.m. Friday. Cost is $5. For information, call 835-8112.
First Christian plans World Communion celebrations
• First Christian Church, 1326 N. First St., will celebrate World Communion Sunday on Sunday . Services will take place at 8:45 a.m. and 11 a.m. A breakfast discussion with the Rev. Doctor Ralph Datema will be at 9:50. Datema is the interim regional minister of the Central Rocky Mountain Region of the Christian Church.
The church will celebrate World Community Day with a 10 a.m. service Friday . The service is sponsored by the Church Women United and is titled “God’s Wisdom Sets Us Free.” For information, call 242-7204.
Explorer’s Bible Study for women held each Wednesday
• Explorer’s Bible Study, an interdenominational Bible study for women, meets at 9:45 a.m. each Wednesday at the Redlands Community Church, 2327 Broadway. The group is studying Hebrews and First Peter. Child care is available. For information, call 858-3315.
Unitarians set Yom Kippur, Rosh Hashanah services
• The Unitarian Universalist Congregation of the Grand Valley, 1022 Grand Ave., will have a Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur service at 10:30 a.m. Sunday . The service will be led by a member of the congregation. For information, call 257-0772.
Rosary service planned on courthouse lawn Oct. 11
• A rosary service in honor of Our Lady of Fatima will take place at noon Oct. 11 on the front lawn of the Mesa County Courthouse. The event is part of the 2008 Public Square Rosary Crusade. For information, call 241-6266.
Ohr Shalom sets high holiday services during coming week
• Congregation Ohr Shalom will have its high holiday services this week. Yom Kipper services will be led by Rabbi Lewis Bogage of Denver.
The Kol Nidre services will take place at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday . A children’s service will take place at 9 a.m. Thursday . Morning service will follow at 10 a.m.
The Yiskor service will be at 4:30 p.m. and the Neilah will conclude at 5:15 p.m. There will be a potluck break-the-fast to follow for the Day of Atonement. For information, call 243-2491 or visit http://www.ohrshalomgj.org.