Briefs: OA Bring in the New Year Dinner December 26, 2009
Note: It’s probably best to make reservations at the dinner hot spots. Dress is casual at most places. Also, the venue changed this year for the High Desert Opera New Year’s Eve Gala. It will be at Robinson Theatre in Mesa State College’s Moss Performing Arts Center.
If you want to hit the bubbly or the dance floor, keep reading to see where the party’s at on New Year’s Eve in Grand Junction and around the area.
• 626 On Rood, 626 Rood Ave. — Dinner served until 11 p.m., balloons with prizes inside, open until 1 a.m. or later. No cover. Info: 257-7663.
• Bailey’s Lounge in the Grand Vista Hotel, 2790 Crossroads Boulevard — Karaoke from 9 p.m. to after midnight. Info: 241-8411.
• Bin 707 Food & Wine, 707 Horizon Dr. — Five-course tasting menu with wine pairing. Cost is $60 per person. Info: 243-0000.
• Blue Moon Bar & Grille, 120 N. Seventh St. — DJ, dancing, dinner specials, party favors and champagne toast at midnight. Cover $10. Info: 242-4506.
• Boomers, 436 Main St. — New Year’s Eve party with dinner from
7–8:30 p.m. and the Goodman Band at 9 p.m. Cost is $30 per person or $50 per couple and includes party favors and a champagne toast at midnight. Info: 248-9022.
• Brass Rail, 476 28 Road — Free champagne at midnight. Info: 241-8686.
• Breckenridge Ale House, 2531 N. 12th St. — Live music by Jeff Pine plus dinner and drink specials. Champagne toast at midnight. Info: 242-7253.
• Bub’s Field Sports Pub and Grille, 715 Horizon Dr. — New Year’s Eve party with live music by RiverSeed at 9 p.m., a balloon drop with a chance to win a trip to Las Vegas and a free champagne toast at midnight. No cover. Casual dress. Info: 243-2827.
• Cactus Canyon, 3210 I-70 Business Loop — Party with balloon drop, party favors, free champagne toast and drink specials starting at 7 p.m. Cover $10. Tickets and table reservations available in advance. Info: 434-0320.
• Cavett House Grille & Pub, 359 Colorado Ave. — Champagne toast and happy hour specials. Info: 255-1667.
• DJ’s Roadhouse, 3112 I-70 Business Loop — Live music by Don’t Ask and drink specials. Cover $10. Info: 523-9960.
• The End Zone, 152 S. Mesa St. in Fruita — New Year’s Eve party with dancing and live music by Desert Moon Band from 9:30 p.m. to 1 a.m. Regular menu or prime rib special, all dinners come with glass of wine or champagne. Cover $5 after 10 p.m. Info: 858-0701.
• Inari’s Palisade Bistro, 336 Main St. — Live jazz by InFlux, five-course Prix Fixe dinner at 5 p.m., complimentary champagne. Cost is $100 per person. RSVP at 464-4911.
• Mesa State College Robinson Theatre, 1231 N. 12th St. — High Desert Opera’s New Year’s Eve Gala with performances by local singers and dancers. Show times 2:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. Tickets cost $20–$50. Reserve tickets by calling 523-9605 or visit Roper Music Store.
• Mesa Theater and Club, 538 Main St. — New Year’s Eve All-Star Bash with live music by The Williams Brothers Band and friends, Times Square festivities on a movie screen, party favors and champagne. Cover is $12 in advance or $15 at the door for this 21-and-older event. Info: 241-1717.
• Moulin Rouge, 317 Main St. — DJ and dancing. Regular menu and a la carte dining. Open until 2 a.m. Info: 257-1777.
• Palisade Brewery, 200 Peach Ave. — New Year’s Eve Party starts at 9:30 p.m. with live music by the SwampCoolers, free appetizers and drink specials. Cover is $5. Info: 464-7257.
• The Palisade Livery Saloon, 215 S. Main St., in Palisade — Party. Info: 464-5449.
• Quincy Bar, 609 Main St. — New Year’s Eve Bash with DJ Chum, dancing and drink specials at 9 p.m. No cover. Info: 242-9633.
• Rockslide Brew Pub, 401 Main St. — Champagne toast. Info: 245-2111.
• Whiskey River, 490 28 1/4 Road — Live music by Marshal Reign, free champagne and tons of party favors. Cover is $15. Info: 241-5179.
• Wrigley Field Restaurant & Sports Bar, 1810 North Ave. — Open late. Info: 245-9010.
• Xian Wei Restaurant, 1530 North Ave. — Black and red party (get entered into a raffle if you wear either color), drinks cost $3 all night and dinner specials. Cover is $10 per couple or $7 per person. Info: 242-8131.
Out of town:
• Glenwood Springs Hot Springs Pool, 415 E. Sixth St. — Alcohol free, kid-friendly New Year’s Eve Celebration with party favors. Admission to pool costs $13.95 for adults, $9.25 for children ages 3–12. Info: 970-945-6571.
• Sheridan Opera House, 110 N. Oak St., in Telluride — New Year’s Eve Gala featuring music by The Spinners. Tickets are $100 for general admission, $250–$500 for reserved seating. Price includes champagne toast and light fare. Info: 970-728-6363.
Closed for New Year’s
• Fast Eddy’s
• Weavers Tavern
• Kannah Creek