Briefs: Religion briefs July 11, 2009
Bible school slated July 20-24
• Monument Presbyterian Church, 2020 1/2 South Broadway, will have vacation Bible school from 9 to 11:30 a.m. July 20-24 for children age 3 through the fifth-grade. Sessions will be from 9 to 11:30 a.m. except July 22, when classes will begin at 6 p.m. with a barbecue for the entire family.
Coins will be collected all week in support of community programs at Catholic Outreach.
For more information or to register, call 255-6549.
Birthday celebration planned
• MONTROSE — A birthday celebration for the Dalai Lama will begin at 6 p.m. Sunday at the Nepal Restaurant, 448 E. Main.
The celebration consists of a buffet dinner, entertainment and teaching from the Dalai Lama about compassion.
Dinner is $20 per person. Call the Asanga Meditation Center, 252-0908, for reservations. Donations can be sent to the Tenzin Gang Village School Food Project in Northern India in the name of the Dalai Lama.
Baptists to have Kids Crusade
• Landmark Baptist Church will have its annual Kids Crusade for children ages 4 to 12 from 6 to 8 p.m. Monday through Wednesday. The church is at 2711 Unaweep Ave.
There will be games, food, lessons and awards. Call 257-1047 for information.
Living Hope to have school
• The Camp Turned Around vacation Bible school for children in preschool through fifth-grade will be from 9 a.m. to noon July 20-24 at Living Hope Church, 2840 B 1/2 Road.
For information or to register, call 243-0402 or go to http://www.livinghopeefc.cc.
Forum to be Wednesday
• First Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) will present a community forum, “Preparing for Life’s Crisis,” from 6 to 7 p.m. Wednesday, at the church, 1326 N. First St.
The forum will assist the public on what to do in when a tragedy occurs. Topics to be discussed include advanced directives, funeral preferences and what to do with sensitive documents your family might need.
Call 242-7204 to register.