OutFit: Back to school style
The first day of school is all about making a good impression.
If you are ready to debut a new look, this is the time.
Here are some top trends to get you started:
1. Jeggings — Under everything from dresses to tunics.
2. Striped tees and tops — They look good alone and under vests and jackets.
3. Flowy layering pieces — Knit wraps and sweaters are perfect for all weather.
4. Boots — Whether they are short cowboy style, scrunchy flats or vintage inspired, you must have a pair.
5. Distressed denim — Wear a distressed denim jacket with skirts and dresses, and wear jeans with anything and everything.
6. Jackets — Both bomber style and short sleeve, the more fitted the better.
7. Personalized jewelry — From leather cuff bracelets to locket necklaces, it really does pull the whole outfit together.
Layering is the most important trend to incorporate and you can make your favorite summer pieces last into fall and winter.
The possibilities are endless, so start mixing and matching for a unique style.
Ivy Parnasius owns Pollux Clothing Co. stores in Grand Junction, 321 Main St., and in Montrose, 433 Main St. Call her at 242-8050 (252-1770 in Montrose) or go to http://www.polluxshop.com.