OutFit: Dress yourself thin
If the holidays took a toll on your waistline, you are not alone.
Here are a few tips to help you appear thinner as you get back into your fitness routine.
1. Monotone dressing — Wear the same color top, pants and shoes.
2. Long cardigans and wraps — These elongate your body and hide the lumps and bumps beneath.
3. Heels — Whether you are in jeans or a dress, heels make every woman appear longer and leaner.
4. Picky prints — The smaller the print, the smaller you will look. Save large prints for accessories.
5. Belts — Accentuate your best part.
6. Wear red — This saturated color soaks up the light and puts you in the spotlight.
7. No crops — Make sure your top and bottom meet just below the waist, anything shorter will add pounds.
8. Wide collars and scarves — Adding interest up top makes the rest of your body look more streamlined.
9. Nude shoes — They make bare legs appear longer.
10. Wrap dress — The absolute go-to dress that looks great on every body type.
Ivy Parnasius owns Pollux Clothing Co. stores in Grand Junction, 321 Main St., and in Montrose, 433 Main St. Call her at 242-8050 (252-1770 in Montrose) or go to http://www.polluxshop.com.