OutFit: School Style
By IVY PARNASIUS
Special to the Sentinel
The first day of school is a time for renewal. No matter what your look was last year, you can reinvent yourself. Here are some trends to get you started.
1. Fitted blazer & bomber jackets: layering is key, and a jacket over a dress or flowy top pulls it all together.
2. Prints: from tribal to floral, prints are a must-have this year.
3. Boots: wear them with shorts or dresses, they add an edge to any outfit.
4. Belts: wear wide belts over dresses or tunics, and skinny belts low slung with jean shorts and skirts.
5. Messenger Bag: a cross-body messenger bag is the bag to have, just make sure it holds all of your essentials.
Complete your outfit with a big smile and a dose of confidence and it’s sure to be a great first day.
Ivy Parnasius owns Pollux Clothing Co. stores in Grand Junction, 321 Main St., and in Montrose, 433 Main St. Call her at 242-8050 (252-1770 in Montrose) or go to http://www.polluxshop.com.