1 dead after carbon monoxide leak at apartment

COLORADO SPRINGS — Authorities say one person is dead and another is in critical condition after a carbon monoxide leak at a Colorado Springs apartment complex.

The Gazette reports firefighters were called to the Vista Peak Apartments in the eastern part of the city just before 12:30 p.m. today after several people reported feeling sick with symptoms associated with carbon monoxide poisoning.

A hazardous materials team was called minutes later, and the apartments were evacuated.

Firefighters confirmed the death this afternoon.


COMMENTS

Commenting is not available in this channel entry.


TOP JOBS
  • Rn

    Love NURSING but dread the night/weekend shifts, on-callrequirement or lo...

  • Ranch Hand

    Experienced . Looking for experienced . All phases of cattle ranching. Center pi...

  • Accounting Support Specialist

    Mid-Sized Oil & Gas Services Company in Grand Junction is searchi...

  • Accounting Technician Iii

    The Colorado StateUniversity Agricultural Experiment Station is currently

  • Clerical/admin Support

    Are you a mature, seasoned Person?Do you have a strong wor...

  • Graphic Artist

    The Nickel is looking for a creative, innovative, experienced graphic des...

Search More Jobs





THE DAILY SENTINEL
734 S. Seventh St.
Grand Junction, CO 81501
970-242-5050; M-F 8:00 - 5:00
Editions
Subscribe to print edition
E-edition
Advertisers
Advertiser Tearsheet
Information

© 2017 Grand Junction Media, Inc.
By using this site you agree to the Visitor Agreement and the Privacy Policy