120 Years: 1901
In 1901, Grand Junction became one of many of towns across the country to be granted a Carnegie Library by philanthropist Andrew Carnegie. The library was built of yellow brick and was located at 334 N. Seventh St.
Elsewhere in Colorado, Harry Tammen and Fredrick Bonfils renamed the Denver Evening Post as The Denver Post, where Alferd Packer, having been released from jail in February, went to work as a guard.
“Pest Houses” spring up all over the state as typhoid fever spreads. One is built on the Redlands, west of town.