120 years: 1920
The big news for the ladies of 1920: The 19th Amendment has given them the right to vote.
The Redlands Ladies Club helps raise money to build Grand Junction’s first country club. The mission-style building on 160 wooded acres includes a nine-hole golf course with oiled sand greens.
An ostatuak community center for local Basque immigrants is opened at 224 Colorado Ave. by Antonio Coscorroza and Antonio Retolaza.
The former Teller Institute becomes the State Home and Training School for Mental Defectives and, as the first patients begin to arrive, the Roaring ‘20s begin.