4 people sickened after dog vomits toxic chemical

EDWARDS — Four people at an Edwards veterinary clinic were hospitalized after a dog that ingested what was likely rat poison vomited, filling the clinic with toxic fumes.

The Vail Daily reports (http://bit.ly/UlLX1a ) the dog vomited the chemical after being brought into the Vail Valley Animal Hospital on Friday. A news release from the Eagle River Fire Protection District says three people in the room showed signs of “respiratory distress” and were taken to a hospital for treatment. A fourth person who may have been exposed was taken to the hospital as a precaution.

The dog later died.


COMMENTS

Commenting is not available in this channel entry.


TOP JOBS
  • Moa, Lpn, Or Rn

    Western Colorado Physicians Group is seeking anfor a full-time po...

  • Controller

    for Grand Junction Housing Authority. Key position responsible for high...

  • Unit Manager Rn Or Lpn

    Unit ManagerRN or LPNManagement experience in long-term care....

  • Cdl Instructor

    wantedSAGE of Grand JunctionSpend Nights/Weekends at HOME!

  • Marketing/clerical Assistant

    Marketing/ClericalAssistantfor Senior living housing.Proficie...

  • Healthcare

    Want to add meaning to your life?!Come join our amazing team atLa Villa ...

Search More Jobs





THE DAILY SENTINEL
734 S. Seventh St.
Grand Junction, CO 81501
970-242-5050
Editions
Subscribe to print edition
E-edition
Advertisers
Sign in to your account
Information

© 2015 Grand Junction Media, Inc.
By using this site you agree to the Visitor Agreement and the Privacy Policy