Blotter: April 02, 2009
Theft, forgery alleged
• David Lee Majors, 29, of Grand Junction, was booked into the Mesa County Jail on Tuesday on suspicion of nine felony offenses, according to the Grand Junction Police Department.
Majors was arrested on suspicion of felony theft and felony first-degree forgery, according to a police report.
Money orders stolen
• About $20,000 in money orders was stolen from a vehicle, according to the Grand Junction Police Department.
Someone broke into the vehicle Tuesday in the 500 block of Grand Avenue.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• Jose Treijo, 34, was arrested at 200 Rood Ave. on Monday on suspicion he stole items valued under $1,000 and had multiple forged identification cards on him.
• A vehicle was stolen Tuesday from a parking lot near Seventh Street and South Avenue.
• Jewelry valued at more than $1,000 was stolen Tuesday from a residence in the 3300 block of Northridge Drive.
• On Friday, someone stole more than $1,000 in the area of the 2300 block of Terry Court.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• Extra patrol was requested Tuesday in the area of the 600 block of Oxbow Road.
• A vandal threw a rock through a vehicle’s rear window Tuesday in the 2700 block of Lexington Court, causing damage valued at $400.
• Three shovels valued at $150 were stolen Tuesday from private property in the 3190 block of the Interstate 70 frontage road.