Blotter: April 06, 2009
Selling to minors alleged
• Police allegedly caught four people Friday selling or giving alcohol to minors, according to a Grand Junction Police Department report.
In separate instances, three of the four people were issued summonses on suspicion of selling to a person under 21. The fourth person, Frank Rouse, 22, was booked into jail on suspicion of contributing to the delinquency of a minor.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• A thief stole an air conditioning-related item valued at more than $1,000 on Thursday from a business in the 2300 block of U.S. Highway 6&50.
• A vehicle worth more than $1,000 was stolen Friday from the 100 block of Main Street.
• A trailer parked in the 600 block of Rae Lynn Street was burglarized Friday and more than $1,000 worth of property was stolen.
• Items valued at more than $1,000 were stolen on Friday from property in the 400 block of Bookcliff Drive.
• A rape involving multiple subjects was reported Friday.
• A golf ball went through a fence, causing $500 in damages Friday in the 1700 block of North 17th Circle.
• Counterfeit money was used Saturday at a business in the 2800 block of North Avenue. The loss was $500.
• A 13-year-old girl was cited on suspicion of shoplifting Saturday from Claire’s and Spencer’s in Mesa Mall.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• Two tires on a vehicle were punctured in the 600 block of Irwin Drive either Friday or Saturday. Damage is estimated at $300.