Blotter: April 07, 2009
Mother, daughter in crash
• Family members confirmed that the two Grand Junction women who died Saturday in a four-vehicle crash near Limon were mother and daughter.
Ginger M. Gillespie, 48, and Lois A. Kelton, 77, were killed when the vehicle they were in was struck from behind by a tractor-trailer on Interstate 70 during a blizzard. Their vehicle went off the road and burst into flames. The women died on scene.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• Manuel DeJesus Serna, 25, received a summons for allegedly shoplifting Saturday at a business at 636 Market St.
• A counterfeit $50 bill was used Saturday at a business in the 2400 block of North Avenue.
• Property valued at more than $1,000 was stolen Sunday from a garage in the 2600 block of B 1/2 Road.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• Joseph Matthew Grajczyk, 25, 2969 Parkway Drive, was arrested Sunday and booked into Mesa County Jail on suspicion of first-degree trespassing.
• Items valued at about $700 were reported stolen Sunday from a tool shed behind a motel in the 3200 block of the Interstate 70 Business Loop.
• Green, gang-related graffiti was spray-painted Sunday night on a vehicle parked in the 3200 block of Front Street in Clifton.
• A wallet with identification and bank cards was reported found Sunday at Exit 47 off Interstate 70. The wallet was turned into the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department.