Blotter: April 10, 2009
Plea entered in HIV case
• A Grand Junction man accused of infecting his fiancee and their newborn baby with HIV pleaded not guilty to two counts of felony child abuse in his case. A trial for Shad Skov, 33, was set for August. Prosecutors allege Skov never told anyone that he had been HIV-positive for at least a decade. The allegations came to light when Skov’s 4-month-old baby became so ill the child needed to be treated in a Denver hospital.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• Jeffrey Blake, 43, received a summons March 31, in the 700 block of North Avenue for allegedly being drunk on a highway.
• A 15-year-old girl was arrested April 3 in the area of Fourth Street and Kennedy Avenue on suspicion of second-degree motor vehicle theft.
• A vehicle valued at more than $25,000 was stolen Thursday from the 2800 block of Music Avenue.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• Robert Allen McCoy, 43, was arrested on a warrant and booked into Mesa County Jail on suspicion of a felony count of sexually assaulting a child.
• Kevin Richard Ortega, 38, 813 Glenarm, Collbran, was arrested Thursday and booked into Mesa County Jail on suspicion of a count of first-degree trespassing.
• Items valued at more than $200 were taken Thursday from an unlocked vehicle parked in the 3000 block of Glendale Way.