Blotter: April 11, 2009
Aggravated vehicle theft
• Gavin Henry Kenny, 32, was arrested Thursday by the Grand Junction Police Department on suspicion of aggravated motor vehicle theft, tampering with evidence, failing to report an accident, driving under the influence and hit and run while driving with a suspended license.
Kenny is suspected of stealing a 2002 Ford truck from a residence in the 600 block of West Colorado Avenue and hitting a fire hydrant and a home in the 400 block of North 24th Street, according to an arrest affidavit. After the accident, he drove away and decided to abandon the truck on North 17th Street and Chipeta Avenue, the affidavit said.
Police said the vehicle had severe front-end damage.
According the Grand Junction Police Department:
• Alberto Cervantes, 35, was arrested April 2 on suspicion of possession of narcotics.
• Items worth more than $10,000 were taken from a business Monday in the 1400 block of Winters Avenue, and other items were damaged.
• Property valued at more than $1,000 was taken Wednesday from a vehicle in the 3000 block of Big Bird Avenue.
• Merchandise valued at more than $1,000 that was in a locked storage compartment was taken without the consent of employees at a business in the Mesa Mall on Wednesday.
• David O. Cluck, 38, was arrested Wednesday on suspicion of harassment and vandalism.
• Carrie Ann Michalowski, 28, was arrested on suspicion of possession of less than one gram of methamphetamine and drug paraphernalia Thursday in the 2900 block of F Road.
According to the Mesa County Sheriffs Department:
• The tailgate of a truck, valued at $1,000, was taken overnight Wednesday in the 500 block of Verano Street.
• Janet Sylvia Duarte, 30, was arrested Friday on a warrant and on suspicion of possession of methamphetamine and drug paraphernalia in the area of Appaloosa Lane and D 1/2 Road.