Blotter: April 16, 2009
Threat written with mushrooms on home
• Someone used smashed mushrooms to write “You Will Die” on a home Tuesday in the 3200 block of East Hall Court in Clifton, according to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department.
Woman arrested in Clifton stabbing
• Brigett Bearden, 24, was arrested in connection with a stabbing Wednesday in Clifton, according to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department.
The male victim was taken to St. Mary’s Hospital with unknown injuries. A child was at the residence where the incident occurred.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• A thief stole property valued at more than $1,000 from a pickup parked in the 500 block of 25 1/2 Road on Monday.
• A thief stole $1,000 from another person in the 500 block of Main Street on Monday.
• A burglar stole property valued at $1,000 from the 3600 block of Ridge Drive on Monday.
• A business in the 2400 block of Patterson Road was damaged Tuesday and less than $500 was stolen.
• Checks in the amount of $1,000 were stolen from a business in the 700 block of Arrowest Court on Tuesday.
• A vehicle worth less than $20,000 was stolen from the 700 block of Horizon Drive.
• A thief stole a purse from a person at Hobby Lobby, 2401 North Ave., on Tuesday.
• Property was stolen from a vehicle in the 300 block of Explorer Court on Tuesday.
• David Israel Rozenblum, 31, of Grand Junction, was booked into Mesa County Jail on suspicion of theft, forgery, fraud and distribution and possession of a controlled substance.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• Items valued at $1,125 were stolen Tuesday from an unlocked vehicle in the 3000 block of Colorado Avenue.
• Jewelry was stolen from a cabin on Vega Lake in Collbran on Tuesday.
• The Sheriff’s Department and Lower Valley Fire Department aided an injured mountain biker on Mary’s Loop trail on Tuesday.