Blotter: April 18, 2009
Vandals damage man’s, brother’s trucks
• A man in the 200 block of Fifth Street in Clifton reported Thursday that a post driver from his backyard had been used to shatter a window on his truck, causing more than $200 in damage, according to Mesa County Sheriff’s Department.
The faceplate was taken from the stereo in the vehicle. The faceplate was valued at $150. A bottle of beer was thrown through a window of the man’s brother’s truck, causing approximately $100 in damage.
The Sheriff’s Department said neighbors saw two minors through the car windows prior to the incident.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• Cameron Tallent, 18, was arrested on suspicion of contributing to the delinquency of a minor and theft Wednesday. According to police, he assisted juveniles in the theft of merchandise from Kmart, 2809 North Ave.
• A locked residence in the 2400 block of Grand Avenue was broken into Wednesday, and items valued at less than $1,000 were taken.
• A 16-year-old boy was arrested Thursday on suspicion of shoplifting in the 2500 block of Rimrock Avenue.
• Brandon Endriss, 24, was arrested on suspicion of harassment and vandalism Thursday in the 400 block of 28 1/4 Road.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• Windows of two vehicles were reported broken Thursday. The vehicles were parked in the driveway of a residence in the 2500 block of G 3/8 Road. Damage to the vehicles was estimated at more than $1,000.
• A safe that contained jewelry, three handguns and a cashbox containing credit cards and approximately $20 in cash was taken Thursday from a home in the 500 block of Arrowleaf Drive. Deputies say a man broke a window at the residence and fled before deputies arrived.