Blotter: April 19, 2009
Assault on officer alleged
• Cindy J. Hamer, 51, 1129 Colorado Ave., was arrested Friday night at 18900 Colorado Highway 141 on suspicion of second-degree assault on a peace officer and obstructing a peace officer, after she allegedly performed a “mule kick” to the leg of a sheriff’s deputy as Hamer was being escorted to the deputy’s patrol car, according to an arrest affidavit.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• Savannah J. Wilcox, 22, 3284 F Road, was arrested early Saturday at 16th Street and North Avenue on suspicion of criminal impersonation, cultivation of marijuana, possession of a schedule II controlled substance, possession of drug paraphernalia, restraining order violation, and driving with a suspended license.
• Lloyd Marrison, 19, John Swan, 19, Joseph Thornal, 28, and Nalonnie Thornal, 28, were issue disorderly conduct summonses for allegedly fighting early Friday in the 500 block of Main Street.
• William Germaine, 21, was issued a summons Wednesday for suspicion of menacing and shoplifting in the area of 2424 U.S. Highway 50.
• Jeffery R. Johnson, 19, address unknown, was issued a summons Thursday for suspicion of third-degree assault at 1910 North Ave.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• Vandals caused an estimated $300 in damage in separate incidents of vandalism in the 500 block of Gardner Way on Monday and April 6.
• A vandal caused more than $200 in damage to a pickup parked in the 600 block of Chaco Court on Friday.
• Dawn L. Gabrielson, 34, 2729 U.S. Highway 50, was arrested Friday on suspicion of second-degree burglary, theft, complicity, and possession of marijuana.
• A thief stole items valued at $385 from two vehicles parked in the 200 block of Huffer Lane between 8 p.m. on Thursday and 6:30 a.m. Friday.