Blotter: April 21, 2009
Police seek failed robber
• The Grand Junction Police Department on Monday released a sketch of the suspect believed to be involved in a failed armed robbery on Friday morning outside Two Rivers Convention Center.
Police said the man was Hispanic, about 20 to 25 years old, 5 feet,
8 inches tall with a slender build, with short black hair and a “soul patch” under his lower lip. He was wearing a black short-sleeve T-shirt, khaki Bermuda shorts, and silver-and-black tennis shoes.
He was seen getting inside a 1980s-model tan Ford Taurus.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 241-STOP or go to http://www.241stop.com.
Man accused of sex crimes
• Trevor J. Stephens, 22, of Fruita was arrested by Fruita police early Saturday on several charges including suspicion of first-degree sexual assault on a child and child abuse. Stephens is being held on $60,000 bond on allegations he sexually assaulted a 14-year-old girl at a home in Fruita, according to an arrest affidavit.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• Pablo Alverado-Flores, 22, 441 30 Road, was arrested in the pre-dawn hours of Monday on suspicion of second-degree assault causing serious bodily injury following a brawl at Whiskey River, 490 28 1/4 Road.
• Corina Gonzales, 34, 2638 Orchard Ave., was arrested Saturday on suspicion of misdemeanor theft after she allegedly stole property valued at less than $500 from a car parked in the 1800 block of North Fifth Street.
• Vandals caused damage totalling more than $1,000 after smashing a window on Friday in the 200 block of Main Street.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• Vandals flattened several tires and damaged paint on a car parked at the Loma boat launch on Sunday. The damage was estimated at $1,900.
• A drill press valued at $197 was reported stolen on Sunday from Murdoch’s, 3217 I-70 Business.
• A thiefon Sunday entered a vehicle parked in the 400 block of Appaloosa Lane and stole property valued at $180.
• John Moore, 57, address unknown, was arrested on Sunday on suspicion of attempted robbery after he allegedly tried to steal prescription drugs valued at $10 from another person.