Blotter: April 29, 2009
Taco Bell fight ends in arrest
• A Grand Junction man was arrested Monday and booked into Mesa County Jail on domestic violence-related charges in connection with an April 23 altercation reported by employees at Taco Bell, 3229 Interstate 70 Business Loop in Clifton, according to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department.
Aaron Windust, 31, was arrested on suspicion of first-degree stalking, robbery, violation of a protection order, third-degree assault and theft of less than $300. According to an arrest affidavit, Windust yelled obscenities, pushed a woman and drove away after taking her cell phone.
Windust, who had violated protection orders in the past against the woman, was arrested Monday after deputies found him him at a home in the 500 block of U.S. Highway 6&50, the affidavit said.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• Three vehicles were entered in the 600 block of Agana Drive on Monday morning, but no items were taken.
• Deputies on Monday took a request for extra patrols around the 3400 block of C Road because of recent reports of vandalism.
• A visibly intoxicated man who had passed out Monday afternoon in a tool shed in the 3000 block of Gunnison Avenue was taken to Colorado West Mental Health for an alcohol hold.
• A person attempting to illegally enter a residence Monday night in the 2000 block of Broadview Court ran off upon seeing a resident inside the home.
• Daniel Lyle Cook, 20, 448 1/2 Morning Dove Drive, was arrested and booked into Mesa County Jail on suspicion of first-degree burglary, three counts of violation of a protection order, criminal mischief and sex assault on a child without force.