Blotter: Aug. 02, 2009
14-year-old arson suspect
• A 14-year-old boy was arrested Friday on suspicion of arson and criminal mischief after telling Eagle County Sheriff’s Department investigators he intentionally set two fires at a Basalt apartment complex, the Sheriff’s Department said.
The boy allegedly started two fires at an apartment complex at 4959 Frying Pan Road because he was angry at people living there, the Sheriff’s Department said.
No one was injured in either fire, but thousands of dollars of damage was done to one apartment.
The boy lived at the apartment complex where he started the fires but did not live in the apartments that were set on fire, the Sheriff’s Department said.
The boy was taken Friday to the Mount View Juvenile Detention Facility in Denver.
Teen suspected of pot
• Rebecca Anne Schwahn, 18, 445 Fourth St., was arrested Friday night on suspicion of possession of marijuana with intent to sell or distribute, possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of alcohol by an underage person, according to the Grand Junction Police Department.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
•Andrew James Breckenridge, 28, 178 Thompson Road, was arrested Friday on suspicion of possession of a controlled substance and misdemeanor child abuse.
• Alyssa Megan Dalberg, 25, 3213 E. Hall Court, Unit F, was arrested Friday on suspicion of possession of a controlled substance, misdemeanor child abuse and possession of drug paraphernalia.
• A thief stole items valued at more than $1,000 Friday from two vehicles parked in the 2900 block of Annelie Lane.
• A 15-year-old girl reported that she was sexually assaulted by a man more than one year ago
• A man kicked in a door of a home in the city and, once inside the home, stole $20 from a person and assaulted two people, injuring both of them. The case is being investigated.