Blotter: Aug. 05, 2009
Moffat County fire grows
• Firefighters in northwest Colorado on Tuesday were battling a wildfire that spread to 3,000 acres, according to Northwest Colorado Fire Management Unit.
The Allred Fire was burning Ponderosa pine and pinon and juniper trees on Bureau of Land Management and private land. The fire, which started Monday afternoon by lightning, is burning about 20 miles west of Maybell in Moffat County. No structures were threatened Tuesday.
Crews had the fire about 50 percent contained, fire officials said.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• A thief on Monday stole a locked bike valued at more than $1,000 from a bicycle rack on a vehicle parked in the 3000 block of Cloverdale Court.
• A vehicle was damaged Monday in the area of Canon Avenue and Santa Clara. Damages are valued at less than $1,000.
• A vehicle was stolen Monday from the 400 block of Sparn Court, but it was later recovered with the keys inside by the Colorado State Patrol.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• Howard Randy Sills, 44, 3331 E 3/4 Road was booked into Mesa County Jail on Monday on suspicion of contributing to the deliquency of a minor.
• Someone on Monday reported seeing several juveniles near an home under construction in the 3100 block of Glendam Road.